Mommy Monday: Lauren Hefez

8:30 AM

Dearest Friends,

Lauren Hefez is a wife, instructor, personal trainer, YouTuber, blogger, and most importantly, a mother to one-year-old son, Griffin. She's one of the strongest and most inspirational mothers I know. You can read about her pregnancy, birth story and the first months of her son's life on her blog. I got to know Lauren a few years ago when I was a member at Equinox. Her 'lean line' class quickly became my favorite because she makes you smile, sweat, and tone up! Her energy is contagious and you'll immediately want to befriend her. I'm so honored to feature Lauren in the latest installment of Mommy Monday's... 


Q YOUR DAY IN A NUTSHELL

Griffin is my alarm clock! He used to wake up at 5:30 EVERYDAY but we worked with a sleep consultant and he has been shifting to a later wake up - PHEW. When he wakes up we play some songs and eat breakfast. This is pretty consistent every day, and then it is a little unpredictable and things get crazy. Some days I have my mother/mother-in-law/sitter over to help with Griffin while I teach class or train clients. I am very, very lucky to have them around! I teach most of my classes in the later morning/afternoon and on my way home I usually stop by the market and grab groceries. I make workout YouTube videos and try to shoot a new one each week. Griff and I play and hang out when I am not teaching or training clients. When Griffin naps I get to emails and experiment with recipes. 

We are in the process of transitioning to one nap, so if Griffin misses his afternoon nap he is in bed by 4:45pm. Yes, 4:45. It's lovely. I will make dinner for the night. And then snuggle on the couch with hot water and ginger, my husband, and some TV before bed. Since Griffin has me up at the crack of dawn, it's usually early to bed for me too! 




Q HOW DO YOU BALANCE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE WHILE BEING A BUSY MOMMY


Ever since having a baby it has been SO much harder to keep up my healthy lifestyle. I found that if it is a priority it WILL happen. I try to sneak in workouts while he is napping and having veggies, fruits, and nutrient rich foods around the house really helps! 

Q ALWAYS IN YOUR DIAPER BAG

  • Lip balm
  • Sunscreen
  • Puffs
  • Burp cloths/bib
  • Water Wipes!!

Q WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO RECIPE FOR DINNER IN FIFTEEN MINUTES

  • Fish - anything from salmon to halibut. If it's salmon I usually season with coconut aminos and fresh ground ginger. If it's a white fish I will season with lemon, butter, and capers.
  • Baked brussel sprouts or broccoli - a little EVOO, pink sea salt, pepper, and turmeric. Bake at 350.
  • Some type of side like quinoa, rice, or salad. 


Q EVERY MOTHER NEEDS TO FIND BALANCE. WHERE DO YOU FIND YOURS

This is such a tricky question for me. Everyone needs different things to be balanced. I think finding time for yourself is important but so hard with or without having a little monkey crawling around. Make the time to take your favorite class, or meet up with a friend for lunch. Do something you love and have no regrets while doing it. 

Also, I used to say YES to everything. I felt as though I could not miss an opportunity and had to do it all. But something magical happened when I started saying NO. I was able to filter out the things that I really didn't want to do and left room for the things and people that matter to me. Your time is precious.

Q WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO AN EXPECTING MOTHER


  • Be kind to yourself
  • Be flexible
  • Do not judge another mom, we are all a team
  • You cannot predict or plan for anything
  • Enjoy every second of being pregnant
  • There is no right way -- do what feels right to YOU



Q WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE STUDIOS IN BOSTON? FAVORITE RESTAURANTS? 


ASANA in Charlestown! Not only because I teach there (wink wink) but also because it is such a calm and beautiful space. I walk in and always feel so happy. 

For food, Sarma in Somerville. Great Mediterranean Tapas. 

Q NAME YOUR 5 HEALTHY LIVING MUST-HAVES?


  • Hemp hearts - I love them and put them on everything
  • Dental floss - yup.
  • Coconut oil - I put it on everything: my food and my body. Lots of healthy fats. 
  • Lip balm - Skincando Combat Ready
  • Vitamix - throw in all your leftover veggies, a frozen banana, almond milk and blend. So easy. 


Images via Asana; lizzieloves

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe