Mommy Spotlight: Meagan

8:30 AM

Dearest Friends, 

Continuing our Mothers Day Spotlight, I'm so excited to introduce you to Meagan Fitzgerald, a full-time working mother of one, who I met through new moms and baby's class when our little ones were six weeks old! You can find Meagan instructing private clients, writing on her blog or teaching classes at Boston area Equinox, Asana Charlestown, North End Yoga, and Thrill Fit.... yes, I'm exhausted just writing that! If you haven't taken one of Meagan's classes, I highly recommend you do asap. She has incredible energy, a great playlist, and is REAL. She does not lie when she says you won't be able to sit down tomorrow. If you want to catch a glimpse of her happy baby girl, meal ideas, and #bodygoals, then I highly recommend you follow her on Instagram. Happy Mothers Day Meagan!


Q YOUR DAY IN A NUTSHELL

Every day is different and I love that! Some days morning clients other days late classes. One consistent place is that I'm always home midday to put my daughter down for a nap. She comes with me to some classes so her nap time isn't consistent but I love our afternoons together.



Q HOW DO YOU BALANCE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE WHILE BEING A BUSY MOMMY

It's important for me to stay energized with my work and as a mom so I eat lean protein and as many fruits/veggies as possible throughout the day. For me it's not a choice to eat healthy, it's a necessity. Oh and acupuncture is another must for me. I try to go every other week but it's tough with childcare.

Q ALWAYS IN YOUR DIAPER BAG

The obvious baby necessities, my S'well bottle, Beautycounter tinted moisturizer and lip gloss, hand sanitizer and a Kind Bar or RX Bar.

Q WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO RECIPE FOR DINNER IN FIFTEEN MINUTES

Eggs and kale with sweet potato hash! I sauté lots of kale in a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper, and Sriracha for a kick. Make wells out of the kale when it's halfway cooked. Crack an egg into the wells and cook as long as you want. I like my eggs over medium. For the "hash" I use spiraled sweet potato noodles plus chopped onions and peppers. Season with salt&pepper and drizzle olive oil on top. While the kale and eggs are cooking have your sweet potato hash browning in the oven (or stovetop). Hash is the base, eggs and kale on top, finish with added sriracha and sliced avocado. Yum! 



Q EVERY MOTHER NEEDS TO FIND BALANCE. WHERE DO YOU FIND YOURS

Honestly I've given up on the quest for balance. I think it's nearly impossible to achieve. 90% of my time is dedicated to baby/home/work but I make sure that 10% for myself is fabulous. Once a week I will do something like take a barre, pilates or yoga class, go to acupuncture as mentioned before, get food or drinks with friends, mani/pedi, etc. Not all of the above but just one or two is enough for me to feel energized and like my own person. Alone time is essential for me to stay sane. Just a little will do the trick.


Q WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO AN EXPECTING MOTHER

My client who is a nurse practitioner once told me, "there are many right ways" and that really stuck with me. Don't feel pressured as a mom to do what your friends are doing or what your mother did. I didn't read one single baby book, my daughter goes to bed between 8:15 and 9:00pm every night, she doesn't have a schedule because every day for us is different, she hates baths but loves the shower and our bedtime routine sometimes involves dancing rather than books. I break so many parenting "rules" and we have the happiest, sweetest little girl who loves everyone and is so easy going. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Trust your instincts because there are many right ways!

Q HOW DO YOU PRACTICE BEING A CONFIDENT MOMMY

I'm confident with my body because I truly appreciate all that it has done. I work hard to be strong and my body responds. Do I have some parts of my bod that aren't my favorite? 100%! As moms we made a human... that's incredible. Why on earth would I focus on cellulite or those extra few pounds when having a baby far surpasses any imperfection that only I see?! I choose to focus on the good.




Q ANY OTHER HEALTH AND WELLNESS TIPS YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE

I noticed my skin really changed during pregnancy and after. While I was nursing it was especially dry so I started doing masks once a week and have noticed a huge difference. Also, find any way you can to add extra fruits and vegetables to your diet. As I mentioned before it's so important not just for weight loss but for energy and illness prevention. And again, I LOVE acupuncture. It has helped me with everything from migraines to energy to milk production. It's amazing. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe