Mommy Spotlight: Lindsay Blackinton

9:28 AM


I hope you all are having a lovely Mother's Day weekend! Last but certainly not least, I'm excited to introduce you to Lindsay Blackinton, a full time working mother of a thirteen month old daughter who I've long admired through her blog Vineyard Loveknots. Not only is Lindsay an inspiration in balancing her home life, work life and blog life but she does so with the perfect blowout and gorgeous skin (continue reading of her secrets!). I highly recommend following Lindsay's adventures in fashion and motherhood on her blog and Instagram stories, especially for her Trader Joe's inspired dinner ideas!  Happy Mother's Day Lindsay!


Q HOW DO YOU BALANCE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE WHILE BEING A BUSY MOMMY

The biggest challenge for me after having Lexi was my workout schedule. Since the foundation to feeling my healthiest is hitting the gym, I needed to figure out how to get the most impact in the least amount of time. I started to see a trainer once a week along with a friend. It's the best thing I could have ever done for myself. She motivates me to keep up my individual workouts and eat better outside of our sessions.



Q WHAT ARE YOUR MORNING AND NIGHTLY BEAUTY RITUALS

I spray Avene Thermal Spring Water on every morning and night after I wash my face. I don't know if it actually does anything... but I love how it makes me feel refreshed. I like the cleansers and moisturizers from Beauty Counter (I swear by the night creams).

Q ALWAYS IN YOUR DIAPER BAG


The least amount of things possible.. really! I hate carrying around a lot of stuff. Every night I will unpack and repack what I deem the essentials: diapers, wipes, disposable bags, diaper cream, an extra onesie, hand sanitizer, sunscreen. 

During the week we are just going to and from daycare so I'll grab a toy on my way out. On the weekends or when I know we'll be out and about, I will have snacks or milk depending on the schedule.


Q WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO RECIPE FOR DINNER IN FIFTEEN MINUTES

I will have some chicken marinating during the day (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, salt, pepper) that I will grill and put over a simple salad when I get home from work. 

Q WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO AN EXPECTING MOTHER

Have fun organizing your nursery and nesting. Keep all of your receipts! I put them in a drawer in the nursery. You will be surprised at the things that don't work, duplicates and clothes that are outgrown before they are worn.


Q HOW DO YOU PRACTICE BEING A CONFIDENT MOMMY

I Google everything...

Q IF YOU COULD OFFER ADVICE TO A NEW MOM WHO IS HEADING BACK TO WORK ON HOW TO "BALANCE IT ALL" WHAT WOULD IT BE

It's going to take time to adjust and there never seems like there is enough time! Oh wait, didn't life seem like that before you had a baby? Look at your daily schedule and see where you can squeeze in errands so you can maximize time before and after work with your little one. A couple days a week after I drop off Lexi at daycare, I will run into Trader Joe's for 15 minutes to get a bag full of items that I will store in the refrigerator at work. I run errands during my lunch break if I have the chance so that after work when I pick up Lexi we can spend time at home together. I keep a running list of to-do's and tackle them after she has gone to sleep. It all adds up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe