Recipe: Healthy Protein Balls

11:16 AM



Dearest Friends, 

I'm always on the lookout for recipes of my favorite dishes but with a healthy twist. Protein balls are my favorite to keep around the house because their quick to make and fulfill my sweet tooth without going overboard. There are so many recipes out there but here are two of my absolute favorites...


Almond Joy Protein Balls adapted from Carrots 'n' Cake

Ingredients:
4 Medjool dates
1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I prefer chocolate)
2 tbsp creamy almond butter
2 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp chocolate chips (I like to use cacao nibs)
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Directions: Combine ingredients in a food processor. Roll batter into 8 balls and place on parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Store balls in a plastic container with a lid in the fridge.
Makes 8 balls
~
Brownie Batter Protein Bites adapted from The Fitnessista

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
2 tablespoons oats
2 tablespoons chocolate chips (I use cacao nibs)
1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (I've also used honey)
Pinch of sea salt (I use a few pinches) 

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a small food processor.
Pulse to until all ingredients are mixed and you have a dough-like texture. 
Separate into 5 servings, roll into balls and store covered in the fridge for up to one week.




Image via Vogue






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe